Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Etsy Shop Feature: Skin Craft Organics

If you are looking for some awesome organic skin and body products then you have to try these. Let me introduce you to: 
Whipped Body Butter -  Lemongrass - Organic Shea Butter & Jojoba - Vegan


1. Tell me a little bit about yourself.

My name is Lisa Braun - I’m happily married with one wonderful grown son (25). I had been a graphic designer for many years as well as a dabbler in other arts of various mediums - I’ve always been a person with a passion to create. 

I live in NJ - the Jersey Shore, that is - and I am a lover of animals (especially dogs) and nature. I have a long enduring interest in health & nutrition.

SkinCraft Organics has become my more-than-full time job .. and I wouldn’t have it any other way! I love what I do!

2. How did you get into making organic skin products? How long have you been doing it?

With a life long history of having sensitive skin, I was drawn to one of the big skin care / cosmetic companies that marketed itself as being clean, pure, simple - healthy for your skin. The few basic products I had purchased over the years worked okay for me, but I came to see that the company’s wholesome image was only an illusion.

I have long maintained a regimen of taking good care of myself by eating a healthy diet & exercising, I realized the contradiction of putting over 68 ingredients - mostly synthetic on my skin.

After studying & researching the ingredients in the many mass marketed products, I concluded that companies do incorporate a variety of healthful, beneficial ingredients. Unfortunately they include only minute quantities of the beneficial components. These products are packed with a multitude of unhealthy, synthetic substances - and even some unhealthy natural ingredients as fillers, stabilizers & preservatives. The main objective of these companies is to manufacture products that are inexpensive to produce and have a long shelf life.

I launched SkinCraft Organics a little over a year ago offering all natural, healthy alternative skin care products - with formulations based on sound science and a focus on natural simplicity.

Blemish Remedy  - Natural & Gentle Skin Care - .5 OZ


3. We all know that some of the ingredients in deodorant are not the best for our body but most people are a little skeptical when using an organic deodorant. So do the organic deodorants really work as well as the store bought ones?

Yes, natural deodorants can be very effective at combating a person’s body odor. While there are no ingredients in a natural deodorant that stop perspiration such as those found ]in a store-bought antiperspirant, the ingredients in my deodorants posses anti-fungal and antibacterial properties as well as essential oils that neutralize odors. 
Bath Dusting - Deodorant Powder - Organic Vanilla Body Powder - 3 oz Travel / Gym Bag SzNatural Deodorant - Orange & Vanilla w/ Organic Shea Butter


I also make body / deodorant powders. Personally, I like them even better than solid deodorants. I feel they are just as effective and better at absorbing moisture than any deodorant, store-bought or natural.

4. Can you use your insect repellent on children?

My Go Away Bugs natural insect repellent is a very effective formula made of soy bean oil and essential oils. It can be used on children 12 and over. When considering use on younger children, women who are pregnant or nursing, and people who have allergies, asthma, or any other serious pre-existing health conditions, it is best to consult a physician.
Natural Insect Repellent: Go Away Bugs-  Safe & Effective Organic Deet Free

5. What is your best selling product?

That depends on the day or week! There are times it seems like I’m constantly making deodorant. Other times it’s facial oils or creams - I never know - which keeps it fun!

6. Do you have any advice for someone wanting to start their own business?

Lots and lots of research and careful planning are vital before starting any new business (is there a market for it... what will the start up cost be, etc.) and of course, having sheer interest, drive & passion are what can make the difference between loving what you do and it being just a job.

Lisa also carries items for men! Make sure to stop by and check out all her great items!
Patchouli Spice Body Oil for Men

Thank you to Lisa for taking time out to answer our questions and letting us get to know her and Skin Craft Organics!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my skin care business Amanda- beautiful job... wonderful blog! :)

    ReplyDelete